Sector: Client Solutions
Language Designation: Bilingual
Language Skill Levels (Read/Write/Speak): CBC
Salary Range: $63418.82 to $79273.53
Position Status: Permanent Full Time
About the role
We’re constantly evolving to build an inclusive housing system through research, design, innovation and partnerships. Your expertise in client relations will raise awareness of the importance of affordable housing in Canada and play a key role in identifying potential partners and clients for our funding programs and guiding them beyond the initial idea stage. You will present the National Housing Strategy to audiences and work one-on-one with individuals and groups, inspiring them to contribute while helping us make housing affordable for everyone in Canada.
What you will need
• University degree or diploma in a relevant field and a minimum of 5 years of relevant experience
• Excellent oral and written communication and presentation skills.
• Excellent relationship-building skills.
• Knowledge of the housing industry.
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
• Strong knowledge of CMHC policy, product and risk appetite or risk parameters.
• Experience in client relationship management, housing development, affordable housing, mortgage industry and/or urban planning.
What you will be doing
• Raising awareness of CMHC objectives, products and services and of the importance of affordable housing, including the need for a broad range of housing choices that respond to local circumstances.
• Influencing and inspiring organizations and industry to get involved in the development of affordable housing.
• Working directly with clients (non-profit organizations, private developers, etc.) to identify potential opportunities to collaborate with CMHC to create new affordable housing solutions that ensure both viability and long-term sustainability.
• Providing affordable housing developers and providers with advice and guidance on the development of affordable housing through presentations, workshops and/or training sessions.
• Working closely with national teams, local partners, associations and stakeholders to jointly develop and execute outreach strategies to generate additional affordable housing solutions.
• Gathering intelligence on different sector needs, housing issues and communicating insights.
• Identifying potential issues, and seeking opportunities for CMHC partnerships.
Does this sound like you?
Click the “apply now” button and create an account (it should take about 30 seconds). We’re excited to hear from you!
Posting closing date: December 4, 2019 @ 11:59 pm EST (Note, the competition may remain active until filled)
Job Requisition ID: 4179
Primary Location: Montreal, Quebec
Other Location(s): Ottawa
Security Requirement: Reliability Status
Travel Requirement: Frequent