Driven by technology and fuelled by innovation, HSB is Canada’s premier specialty insurance and applied technology services provider. Offering 150 years of technical and service excellence, we are focusing on emerging trends and unlocking new opportunities for clients. Today, we are accelerating, changing the future of insurance and risk solutions, for a modern world.
At HSB, we value the strengths and contributions of our diverse workforce. We offer continuous learning opportunities, giving you flexibility to grow in your career while enjoying a healthy work-life balance and a collaborative approach in our coast-to-coast network of offices. Become part of a rewarding and impactful workplace experience while seeing first-hand technologies and risk solutions that are changing the way we live and work.
HSB is much more! It’s insurance. Engineering. Technology. To learn more about us, please visit www.hsb.ca.
This full-time position provides timely, knowledgeable and professional service to our Brokers and Client Companies (Assumed) within our underwriting guidelines. As a member of our team of Business Development Representatives located across Canada, you will be responsible for an assigned territory with use of a company car. As a Business Development Representative, you will be responsible for underwriting of larger accounts.
• Be the product expert in your marketplace and deliver the innovative, forward-thinking risk solutions and coverage our clients count on.
• Grow your book by developing new business and retaining renewals. Service existing business promptly and professionally through client visits, seminars, quotations and renewal underwriting.
• Attend industry functions, conventions, and associations in a public relations capacity. Work independently and in partnership with our client support and inspections team.
• Managing assigned territory and client group.
• Identifying new market opportunities and initiating contacts
• Perform underwriting of larger commercial accounts.
• University Degree or College Diploma;
• CIP or enrolled in the CIP program;
• 4+ years in Commercial Property & Casualty, including experience in Commercial Underwriting of larger accounts;
• Dedicated to and experienced in exceptional sales/marketing and/or customer relationship management;
• Computer competency;
• Experienced in work planning, time and territory management;
• Confident presentation ability and practiced negotiation skills;
• Technical knowledge or interest is an asset but not a requirement;
• Valid driver’s license.
Creating and maintaining a work environment that promotes respect, diversity and dignity is important to us. We strive for equality in our workplace, to eliminate employment barriers, and promote a workplace based on principles which
align with our company values and promote positive employee practices. Candidates requiring accommodation during any stage of our selection process should advise us of this; we will strive to work with individuals to find a suitable means to meet their needs.
If you are interested in applying for this position, please quote Job Reference BDT-1122-BW and please click the link: Apply here
We thank all candidates for their interest; however only those selected for interview will be contacted.