Come discover what our 25,000+ employees already know: work here matters everywhere. We’re a growing and evolving biopharmaceutical industry leader, which means you’ll have endless opportunities to work with experts around the world and build the career you’ve dreamed of.
As a part of the Syneos Health team, you’ll help us deliver results for a rewarding reason – we improve patients’ lives around the world. Because to us, a patient isn’t just a number, they’re our family, friends, and neighbors.
Why Syneos Health
• #SyneosHealthLife means we’re committed to our Total Self culture – where everyone can authentically be themselves. Our Total Self culture is what unites us globally, and we know every person’s unique contributions make a difference.
• We believe our success is a direct result of the people who are driving it – you! We value your dedication to care for our customers and patients, so we want to focus on taking care of you. That’s why we offer a comprehensive benefits program encompassing your total health - physical, mental and financial.
• We are continuously building the company we all want to work for and our customers want to work with. Why? Because when we bring together diversity of thoughts, backgrounds, cultures, and perspectives – we’re able to create a place where everyone feels like they belong.
• Receives and analyzes Requests for Proposals (RFPs) from Business Development (BD) and ensures appropriate Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) are assigned to and notified of the RFP.
• Prepares and modifies proposal text, budgets, and cover letters responding to requests for proposals (RFPs) and rebids based on feedback received from SMEs, without assistance from proposal management staff except for the most complex RFPs or situations.
• Ensures proposal text and budgets are in agreement with RFP, client specifications and communications, and internal assumptions.
• Obtains third party quotes as needed.
• Manages the proposals process from RFP receipt to proposal delivery, identifying potential barriers or risks for completion and identifying and implementing mitigation strategies. Escalates to management when deliverables are at risk based on process stage gates.
• Works with contracts, finance, and operations to facilitate project initiation as part of PlanActivation™.
• Updates proposals and/or sales management tools, systems and/or forms regarding proposal or rebid status and value as directed.
• Coordinates and participates in project hand-over meetings.
• Present budgets in client-specific/requested formats.
• Provides functional guidance and application of process guidelines to internal constituents as needed.
• May perform peer QC prior to manager sign-off according to departmental procedures and guidelines.
• Suggests and implements pricing and proposal strategies to improve quality of proposal. Collaborates with team members, operations and business development, to customize and develop proposal submissions.
What we’re looking for
• BA/BS degree or equivalent in a business or health related field, or equivalent combination of education and experience; plus some experience working in proposal preparation in the CRO/pharmaceutical industry and prior supervisory experience.
• Intermediate to advanced proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, and PowerPoint), email, and voicemail.
• Good understanding of the different operational aspects of clinical study conduct in different regions across the world, which may be demonstrated by previous work experience in the industry.
• Although travel is rarely required, national or international travel may be required 2-3 times per year
• Superior analytical, negotiation and organizational skills with ability to perform several tasks simultaneously.
• Strong problem solving skills and ability to make effective, appropriate decisions when necessary.
• Above-average attention to detail, excellent oral/written communication skills along with highly-developed interpersonal and strong team orientated skills.
• Ability to work independently to meet deadlines.
Get to know Syneos Health
We are the only full-service biopharmaceutical solutions company in the world. That means we bring together the best clinical and commercial minds to create a better, smarter, faster way to get medicines into the hands of patients who need it most. Learn more about Syneos Health.
Tasks, duties, and responsibilities as listed in this job description are not exhaustive. The Company, at its sole discretion and with no prior notice, may assign other tasks, duties, and job responsibilities. Equivalent experience, skills, and/or education will also be considered so qualifications of incumbents may differ from those listed in the Job Description. The Company, at its sole discretion, will determine what constitutes as equivalent to the qualifications described above. Further, nothing contained herein should be construed to create an employment contract. Occasionally, required skills/experiences for jobs are expressed in brief terms. Any language contained herein is intended to fully comply with all obligations imposed by the legislation of each country in which it operates, including the implementation of the EU Equality Directive, in relation to the recruitment and employment of its employees. The Company is committed to compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act, including the provision of reasonable accommodations, when appropriate, to assist employees or applicants to perform the essential functions of the job.